[StBernard] Street Lights (for Craig)

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Feb 6 22:24:35 EST 2007

Hey Howard,

the request was made months ago to allow Entergy to pair with the parish and
do the repair work as an emergency safety measure- the administration took
the position not to repair the lights because of the risk of them being
damaged again during clean up activity and did not act on the council's
request. fast forward six to eight months and the entergy contractor that
was in place lighting up poles by the dozens a day is now off the job and we
are still waiting for the non-emergency bid process to be completed.

i have a meeting on Wednesday to get the latest time estimates on the light
projects so I will let you know.

as far as in the meantime- remember that the council passed an ordinance to
allow residents to erect a temporary light near the sidewalk and run it off
of their meter and receive a credit on their water bill to cover the cost of
the electricity. I just did two lights and the total was less than 100.00
dollars. I know that this is not the best answer, but it provides a source
of relief until we can get out of our own way with this. Call me if you
would like to pilot a couple of sites for lights- I have a few people who
are willing to help with putting the lights up.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig