[StBernard] Greetings from Our Nation's Capital: 2.8.07: An e-postcard from Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 8 19:32:38 EST 2007

I set out on this trip to our nation's capital on a mission to move our recovery forward, and after three days I've been assured of swift action in Congress.

On day one I received a full commitment from congressional leaders to make recovery a priority, on day two we began to map out a strategy for success, and already by day three we have a timeline for delivery.

Today I met again with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, along with members of our Louisiana delegation and key committee chairs who can each tackle a piece of the recovery package. They said yes to my ten point plan, and told us comprehensive legislation will move through the House by Easter.

I also met with Small Business Committee Chair Nydia Velasquez to seek help on the small business front - it seems this Congress is full of ener! gy and willingness to help Louisiana and other Gulf Coast states, recognizing the urgency of our needs.

- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco is in Washington, DC this week advancing Louisiana's federal recovery agenda. She will meet with House and Senate leaders throughout the week, urging their support of the recovery efforts in Louisiana. The Governor is sending updates to constituents back home through e-postcards.

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org