[StBernard] Fines - not so fine?

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 12 20:38:25 EST 2007

Jer,

certainly we do not want people to risk illness, but if they are salvaging
their home they likely have it cleaned already by Murphy, if the levels
supported the need. If they are selling out to Murphy, no need to gut it
and if there is overgrown grass, the method to knock the grass down is
pretty much up to the owner- if the grass is not overgrown chances are
before a fine is made, Murphy will be buying it. The parish is not asking
for anyone to go onto a property that is toxic, nor or we suggesting that
people not use proper personal protection if there is a question of what
they may encounter on their property.

those people who are doing something to their properties, even minimal
activity are not likely to be fined, but the message remains the same about
cleaning and securing- while there are several hundred special
circumstances, the vast majority of the situations come down to a decision
to take care of the property or not to.

health, financial obstacles, emotional motivation are all real challenges
that we understand exist and while we may appear to be exacerbating these
challenges, it really isn't the intention. I can assure you that there are
going to be more fines forgiven in this process than properties actually
taken by court judgement. Just like Nemo's friend, Dori says- just keep
swimming.

thanks for your input.

Good luck and God Bless,
Craig