[StBernard] For Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Feb 12 20:37:55 EST 2007

Craig,

It was sure nice to see people cutting grass this weekend. I know of a
number of them who were cutting for the first time so it seems that the
ordinance is doing some good. I also noticed that some people just cut the
front yards and didn't touch the rear. Maybe there wasn't enough time or
there's to much debris in the way. I understand that residents can sign the
"right of entry" form and that the parish will remove the debris in the rear
yards. Is that true? I am sure that the intent of the ordinance was to get
people to take some action, not as a money making venture.

We will be forming a volunteer group of grass cutters in District C that
can assist the elderly or people with special needs. The problem is in
identifying these people or letting them know that we exist. It might be
easier to have a centralized point for the gathering of this information.
For example, the council on aging might be a good avenue for the elderly
particularly if they don't have access to the Internet. Otherwise, they can
contact us through the website at www.rediscoverdistrictc.com.

Thx again for all you and the council do for us.

Howard