[StBernard] Fines (Jer) & Question for Craig

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 14 20:18:36 EST 2007

Jer: recognizing your feelings, I can't help but feel that we should be
able to offer some kind of parish support on grass cutting before fining
folks who in some cases are far away or unable to do the job themselves.

Craig: Is there a place in the parish budget for this service? Is there a
opportunity for community service hours to help out with grass/weed removal?
Trying to take on the entire parish with unpopular fines may be biting off
too much. Reaching small goals goes a long way in giving the feeling of
success and can prove that progress is taking place.

Why not start small, in grids, moving out from the most inhabited vs
non-inhabited areas? Consider grid captains as point persons to coordinate
with the parish in getting community service help or parish maintenance
assistance. Sounds like many a good, qualified neighborhood spokesperson
would be willing to step up and volunteer to make their immediate areas
thrive with new growth and progress.

I wish I could help more.

Cindy Meyers