[StBernard] Enforcement to begin today on St. Bernard Parish grass/debris ordinance

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 15 22:26:02 EST 2007

The home next to me has been having a severe "leak" since 8/29/2005 !!!!
I have reported it several times to the Water Board and nothing has been
done about it....everytime I go back to Chalmette, I check on my home and
the neighbor's "leak" is still going strong.....wasting water....but no one
seems to care about that....but let's just force people to secure their
homes and cut their grass....when people are still struggling financially.
Some people cannot afford to replace doors and windows that were senselessly
removed during demolition or pay double the cost to have the grass cut....I
used to pay $35 to have my grass cut....now I'm told $60 is the going rate
!!!!

Many people are still struggling financially.....while others have made a
fortune off the misery that Katrina has caused.....the politicians are still
being paid their normal salaries, aren't they?...I don't think they are
suffering financially !!!!....but they continue to put the pressure on
everyone else. The Chalmations who decided to return should have known that
it would be many many years before the parish would be acceptable to live
in....what did they expect....miracles???

Cm