[StBernard] Governor Blanco mourns the passing of Cecil Picard, State Superintendent of Education

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Feb 15 23:00:29 EST 2007

Governor Blanco mourns the passing of Cecil Picard, State Superintendent of Education

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco issued a statement today mourning the passing of State Superintendent of Education Cecil Picard.

Statement by Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco:

"Today Louisiana lost a giant in the field of public education. Cecil Picard was passionate about and dedicated to Louisiana's children. He leaves behind a rich legacy of service that includes expanding quality education to all Louisianans, from pre-K through high school. Cecil was an effective catalyst for education reform and a valued friend and member of my team. My prayers are with his family and friends as we mourn the passing of a great man who gave so much of himself to the people of our state."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org