[StBernard] storm warnings (Gaby)

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 18 18:35:19 EST 2007

Gaby,

I don't know if it would be feasible for the Parish to install these at this
point. They simply do not get enough tornados to probably warrrant the
cost.

I have seen the forecasters on the Weather Channel and other outlets who say
the best thing you can do is to spend $20-30 for a weather radio. You can
get one that has SAME programming,

Here are a couple of links for reference: http://tinyurl.com/3bqvcl

This is a link that explains SAME codes. You can program only the alerts
you wish to receive. http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/nwrsame.htm

I got one of these for the house for my Mother to have when I was at work.
Worked great; you could hear it all through the house.

Jim