[StBernard] sales tax

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Feb 25 21:42:43 EST 2007

Here are specific examples which I am thinking about because since I have
not done my tally, I realize that we have paid sales taxes in 2006 on our
repairs and content replacements that are twice what we paid last year in
our state income tax from earned income. And that's assuming the following
large invoices below did not include paying any sales taxes. Those of you
who did all these purchases in a single tax year may be better off with your
federal tax bill if your sales taxes paid exceeds your state income tax
paid.

Here's what I am assuming I paid no sales taxes on because it doesn't show
up on their invoices and based on Dan's and Westley's comments-

Mold remediation co, gutter repair co, insulation co, fireplace co, alarm
co, electrician, countertop co, garage door co., flooring co.; they all
brought their own materials to my house, which I am sure were bought
wholesale as these are large, established companies that buy their materials
direct, and then they installed these things permanently in my house and
the invoice says nothing about sales tax so I should assume that none of the
money I paid to them is supposed to be remitted to the sales tax collector.
Demolisher, plumber, tv/telephone wiring co, iron fence repair co, sheetrock
co.only did labor and their invoices show no sales tax, so again I should
assume that none of the money I paid to them is supposed to be considered
sales tax.
If I misunderstood please correct me, because it will be to my benefit if
some of this did include sales tax that I get to claim.
Dan, you'll be seeing me really soon! ddk