[StBernard] MRGO suit

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Feb 28 07:39:14 EST 2007

All:

The "surprised" method of using 18 months instead of one's expected
"extension of one year" from the August, 2006's ONE YEAR anniversary has
caught many off guard. It should have been encumbered upon area attorneys to
clarify on local media, which includes newspapers, tv, radio and internet
newsgroups to help explain what has happened and why one needed to file if
chosen, where to file and whom to include in their mailings.

There are discussions about this type of suit was normal at 18 months
compared to 24 month (2nd anniversary) to file proper claims, which ones
represent authentic and correct in language and legal tripe. What a pity to
leave innocents and the frail in spirit and health in danger of losing their
legal rights (and emotional health)--as if there is nothing else that they
must do with their time.

Having posted authentic, formal releases in a more timely discourse would
have spared us all the misery of more complicated decision matters. Yes,
judges do make rash decisions which force lawyers to make swift decisions,
but a period of time less than one day would have been enough for leading
lawyers to come up with proper communications to disseminate clear and
concise instructions about where we need to be and who we need to respond.

I never made it to law school but am sure if there's a class action
litigants that need vital knowledge, I would make damn sure that the task at
hand would be laid out there for all to benefit--especially since the masses
lives were all changed abruptly by bitc*e$ called Katrina/Rita, etc.

Stress not only maims, it kills.

--Jer--