[StBernard] LA Citizens Surcharge

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 6 22:23:09 EST 2007

I openend my homeowner's renewal notice last night and well, after nearly
having a heart attack I realized that I DID read the renewal amount
correctly. My HO insurance is now double what it was last year. Not only
did Allstate go up over $1000 this year but I have over $700 in surcharges
from LA Citizens! Can someone tell me EXACTLY what the heck this is for? I
believe with the LRA Road to Nowhere and now these excessive "surcharges"
tacked on to our HO, that the state is trying to run everyone OUT of
Louisiana. I received 4 months of rental assistance from FEMA (not the
state), SBA loan for new house (not from the state), flood policy limits for
damages to my flooded home (FEMA NOT the state) and 0 from homeowners, to
this day 0 on my state sales tax refund and after losing everything
(including our jobs) we had we had to pay 500.00 in state income tax for
2005! We are now paying excessive amounts for electricity, gas, fuel, food,
property taxes, etc. What is going on - you can even buy a cheap pair of
shoes at Payless anymore (LOL)! So for 20 years I paid HO insurance and
flood, which I PAID FOR and yet the state comes in and is charging us, each
from what I understand, approximately 600 + in most cases a surcharge!!!!!
I dont know about anyone else but the state has NEVER given me anything! I
have never been on any type of assistance, WTF do I owe them for????? What
do ANY of us owe them this for? I'm just trying to put my life back
together like most of us and now the state wants a cut????
CA