[StBernard] St. Bernard Proud

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 15 22:43:37 EDT 2007

Jer,

You are kidding me right? You never bashed any resident for returning home?
I definitely need to go to the archives for this one, I clearly remember you
telling me why its not safe for me or anyone else to be living in St.
Bernard, you may have even called us fools.

JERRY: Does it make a citizen from St. Bernard criminal, unpatriotic or
'deserter' for having made such an unwanted choice forced upon them by a
disaster?

My ANSWER: No it does not make them a criminal, it does not make them
unpatriotic and it does not make them a deserter unless they constantly have
to tell others why their choice was wrong as to justify your choice not to
come back, I am fine with those who chose to not come back for many reasons
but I don't want to hear from them why we should not be living back home in
St. Bernard.

JERRY: None of us should be so proud as to brag that because you made the
choice to hunker down, that you bleed MORE St. Bernard

ANSWER: Agree, but because I live here now don't tell me I can't be PROUD TO
BE BACK HOME IN ST. BERNARD and because I had the same hurdles to jump over
as everyone else but did not let it stop me from coming back home then maybe
I really just had that something extra about St. Bernard burning in me to
get back home, just maybe.

JERRY: It's not needed, it's highly immature and surely doesn't elevate
one's personality to a likeness or a fondness. I pray that St. Bernard comes
back as who in their right mind would want to see a place that one chose
over 30 yrs.

ANSWER: Yeah you are right Jerry, its not immature to preach to people
negatively about every topic concerning St. Bernard, yeah that is really
mature. Your prayers will help but to tell you the truth we are coming back
regardless because of the people who bust their butts everyday to live down
here and clean it up just a little bit more each day. I am helping all my
neighbors get back, I cut their grass if they need it or do whatever else is
needed, I want people to return to St. Bernard, I talk highly of the
positives St. Bernard have achieved in 18 months, I let people know work
still needs to be done but with you home that work load will be a little
lighter to handle.

Lets also remember, I have the message if you need me to re-post it that you
first decided to throw up how many years you lived in St. Bernard so please
don't go back and try to make me look bad because I just so happen to have
lived here longer than you. Yes it does not make me bleed more St. Bernard
than you, what does is my desire to return and my desire to get more people
back home to the place I love and will never leave, ST. BERNARD PARISH
LOUISIANA.

PS... I don't dislike you, I do dislike the negative attitude toward every
subject or topic discussed. I hope you return home one day but with a
better attitude, we don't need people walking around St. Bernard talking
negatively about everything.

Chad