[StBernard] Landrieu Blasts Corps Commander Over Pumps

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 19 22:59:15 EDT 2007

Your're on target, JK. However, knowing how some of our contractors,
including those who ripped their way through our money with shoddy,
incomplete and criminal actions withstanding:

How am I not amazed that during reconstruction projects thereafter Katrina,
this botched attempt to fix what's broken is placed in the same category of
miscues realizing the Corps was involved? More egg please, Ms. Bunko.

--jer--

Time to put up or shut up.....maybe we should ask the senior managers of
the pump company, all of the inspectors, the five independent
consultants and the brass of the Army Corps of Engineers to move into a
home in the New Orleans area and man the pumps during the next storm!!
After all, since they are defending the operation of the pumps, maybe
they SHOULD STAKE all of their material belongings as well as THEIR
LIVES and the LIVES OF THEIR FAMILIES on them. If this was a
requirement for the contract to provide the pumps, do you think that
they would still have that much FAITH in them and the area drainage
systems? Or would it be back to the drawing board?

Just wondering.......

JK