[StBernard] SBSO Officers

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 19 23:30:48 EDT 2007

I am not sure what to think about what JR posted, not sure if he is being
sarchastic or saying they did a good job despite being short handed but if
you believe that the Sheriffs Office is down to 30 or 40 officers then you
really have an issue with math.

Try 70+ who arrived on the scene of the skirmish at the III parade on Sunday
3/17. I spoke to several officers, including a next door neighbor who
confirmed that number, we have over 100 working the streets of St. Bernard
(not all at once) but as far as the size of the force, I believe they told
me 198 total. I know it might have been double that before the storm but
they are doing an excellent job, they pull over people all the time making
sure they belong in St. Bernard. The crime is non-existent in my area, same
as before the storm. One officer told me the biggest issue in St. Bernard
is drugs but not the major variety more along the lines of pills. I am
pretty sure we haven't had a murder in the parish since the storm unless I
missed it in the paper or news which I watch and read daily so I feel damn
safe living in St. Bernard parish, as I have for 34 years.

Chad