[StBernard] St. Bernard Proud

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 22 21:25:53 EDT 2007

I just figured out Jer is the one with the issue not all of us who he tries
to make think has the issues, did you read the article or message written by
the girl hired by the government to come and help St. Bernard, did you see
the way she said people help you bring your items from Home Depot (total
strangers) and that people cry because they have never had to ask for help
before? That is the true St. Bernard spirit I fell in love with and the
reason why I am in this parish calling it home today. Read below where Jer
tries to make you think those people have moved to Metairie or the
Northshore and that before the storm he starting seeing others moving into
the area, not sure where he lived but I did not see that then and I surely
don't see it now.

St. Bernard people are back home, sure we have lost plenty St. Bernardians
and many I wish were back, I have faith a whole bunch are coming back soon
because they are tired of Metairie and the Northshore already, tired of the
driving the Causeway daily and some of these people are my friends and have
told me I need to come back home.

Again you can have whatever opinions you want but if you think for one
second St. Bernard has lost all of its good citizens well then think again
because many are still here, some would say the ones wanting to help the
most are here rebuilding our parish, one day at a time.

Chad