[StBernard] Road Home Disbursement Update

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 24 19:09:36 EDT 2007

ROAD HOME DISBURSEMENT UPDATE

We met with Road Home and there is mitigation money out there for any home
owner who plans to stay where they are and or purchase a home and stay in
Louisiana for three years. The amount is $7,500 to reinforce doors, buy
plywood, to use on the laundry list to make you home safer for storms. The
bottom line is there is no attachment to these dollars they are out there
for every home owner who went thru Katrina. We were told they plan to do a
mass mailing to inform the public but you know how long those take.

Basically while in the Road Home appointment to see what the benefit if any
is to go that way... as we might not... but we found out even if we do not
go with Road Home we still qualify for this Mitigation funds of $7,500 for
being home owners and for my inlaws who are building that would be for their
future home they are building... which is very nice. You only must remain
at that residence in Louisiana for three years where you do the storm
updates and the laundry list to pick from is pretty large but then again
$7,500 is more than most have been offered without a catch. I believe they
told me this was grant funds they are dispersing and having a hard time
getting the word out.

If anyone is interested I can post what they gave me in a PDF format so
people can download this. I was surprised... we emailed them... less than
one week a letter... less than one more week an appointment...
let us just pray that the award letter comes soon so we can make our
decision.

Thank you,
Amanda