[StBernard] St. Bernard Memorial Funeral Home reopening

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Mar 24 19:09:53 EDT 2007

CHALMETTE - More than a year and a half after Hurricane Katrina, St. Bernard
Memorial Funeral Home has rebuilt.

"I am so proud that we're back home," said Manager Floyd Herty. "People in
St. Bernard have been through so much."

A grand opening will be held 2 p.m. April 15 at 701 W. Virtue St.

Elected officials, clergy and others are expected to attend.

"We've been serving St. Bernard families for more than 40 years," Herty
said. "We all know what it means to live and work in St. Bernard and we are
even more dedicated now to rebuilding our homes and lives."

For more information on the grand opening, call 279-6376.