[StBernard] Check out this page on NOLA.com

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Mar 25 15:28:42 EDT 2007

Westley, please post this attached article from today's TP about the status
of the levees and floodwalls that were not damaged by Katrina/Rita, and
therefore remain as they are because there was no authorization to the COE
to do anything to them. Everyone needs to read this article carefully, aa
well as future media releases in the coming weeks about what has not been
rebuilt since the storm. There will be much public information about this
subject from the Corps, the Southeast LA Flood Protection Authority, headed
by Tom Jackson, and others. The reference to "interim" flood protection
means any work done to levees and floodwalls that remain as they were on
8/29/05 in order to bring them to the levels and conditions as orignally
authorized by Congress years ago. Interim protection is all we have until
some future date when there is the money, time, and solutions to provide
flood protection to the 100-year frequency. Refer to my previous post about
what a 100year frequency means. Stay tuned, Deborah Keller

<http://www.nola.com/news/t-p/metro/index.ssf?/base/news-20/1174715512300470
.xml&coll=1>
<http://tinyurl.com/2cclrq>