[StBernard] St. Bernard Proud

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Mar 26 22:49:22 EDT 2007

Congrats Shelly,

I am glad to see you moved on and are doing well. You are also not on here
bashing every St. Bernard resident about their decision to stay and how you
might die if you breathe St. Bernard air for more than a week. I get a
feeling from reading your message below that you want St. Bernard to succeed
and are happy for those who have returned.

Good luck in Denham Springs and although you may have escaped what you
called future flood waters from future storms please be advised not everyone
has done that by moving. I would think you are safe in Denham but people
who moved to Mandeville, Covington, Slidell etc. not to mention Metairie and
Kenner who think they have escaped future storms by moving are so sadly
mistaken its not funny.

Again good luck, although it sounds unlikely for you, we hope to see you
back in St. Bernard one day.

Chad

In this weeks Livingston paper there was an article called "101
chalmatians'land in Walker subdivision", It was about a whole new neighbhood
that is filled with former St. Bernard residents. All over livingston there
are new subdivison with former St. Bernard residents. Just because we have
made the decision to escape the flood waters of future storms do not make us
any less proud of where we came from. We decided to move on but being close
with our fellow "Evacueess" keeps us connected to our beloved St. Bernard
Parish.

Many blessings to the people of post- Katrina St. Bernard.

Shelly

Resident of St. Bernard for 35 years!

New resident of Denham Springs since august 2005