[StBernard] AC/DC

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 27 00:35:40 EDT 2007

Ok, it has probably gone on for a little longer than it should have, but I
do try to be accommodating.

A big important point to remember, this is a plain-text method of
communication. There's no bold, italic, large or colored fonts, and, most
importantly, no little animated graphics after every other word. That means
it is a little bit hard for the writer to convey exactly the emotion they
were feeling as they wrote their email as well as harder for the reader to
pick up on that emotion. In other words, sarcasm falls flat here.

Most people have been on the list long enough now to recognize the more
prolific contributors writing styles and it is safe to assume in a
double-blind test, just about everyone would be able to pick out one of
Jer's emails without seeing his name at the bottom.

Whether you like him or not, his writing style or not, or even what you
perceive his attitude toward St. Bernard is, Jer is a consistent contributor
to the list and has a very entertaining writing style. He tends to play the
role of devil's advocate and I think it is worthwhile to have someone do so.
He is not the only one, just the most consistent one.

At any rate, although I am sure he appreciates the effort, he doesn't need
me to take up for him and is quite capable of handling his own affairs on
here. However, I think the carping back and forth has now gone on long
enough and any further emails simply won't be passed thru.

Everyone's health and sensitivities are different. Some have said they
experience some type of health issue when they revisit the parish, while
others don't. I'm in the camp that doesn't, and while I can't fully
sympathized with those that do suffer, I do recognize that they pay a price
in their every time they return.

Quite simply, everyone has their own personal reasons as to whether or not
they will return to St. Bernard Parish and without knowing the full details,
no one can criticize someone else's decision.

I am not returning to St. Bernard. Does that mean I no longer care about
the parish? Were that true, I could abandon this email list and gain
another 2-3 hours a night for other pursuits. Just tonight it has been 2
1/2 hours since the first email was sent and this one.

I don't believe any one on this list has any negative feelings towards the
parish, some of the politicians maybe, but not the parish. And we've just
got to learn to like the liberals as much as the rest of us.

Westley