[StBernard] We Agree on One Thing

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Tue Mar 27 21:13:52 EDT 2007

Now, Chad "my'boy", don't start losing your memory at the prime of your
youth. I was responding to your direct statement in the posts below.
Remember, I'm speaking truth these days and you being in the fog, especially
recently, I can understand that. However, to prove how you approached me as
"making up stuff" which you disagree (even if the truth hurts, it remains
valid). I've posted your reply (negative of course) where I replied to what
you might consider "negativity" if I were to state it:

CHAD: " I agree with you 100% I am fighting a lost cause, we have people who
seem to want no part of St. Bernard with their negative attitudes"

***I posted this so folks can see the truth is not only bolder, but what it
is. When you compare it with negativity, there is no greater statement of
fact.. I won't call you a liar as you surely are in a habit of memory
miscues these days. I'll just say that when exposed to the truth, you have
no defense, Chad.

Admit it, please. You'll feel much better and become believable when you too
keep the truth focused. I've quoted you from YOUR post on 2/22/2007 here on
Wesley. It speaks for itself.

--jer--

You disagree with me? No way!!!! I can tell you one thing I never said and
that is St. Bernard is a losing cause, not sure who you got that from or if
you are still making stuff up but that did not come from me.

I will however AGREE with you that the upcoming elections in St. Bernard are
huge, either way I think we are coming back as a community, but how quickly
greatly depends on who is leading us. I personally hope Craig Taffaro
decides to run for Parish President, you will see me helping in anyway to
get elected. He is the only official who makes sure the public knows what
is going on in the parish to the best of his ability and he obviously works
as hard as anyone, he could be like others and decide to lay low and only
take care of his family but he surely does not do it that way. Of course
this is my opinion living down here and reading this message board daily.
--Chad
--------------------------------------

CHAD ON WESTLEY: Thu 3/22/2007 8:25 PM

"Thanks for the comments, I agree with you 100% I am fighting a lost cause,
we have people who seem to want no part of St. Bernard with their negative
attitudes but when you tell them the way it is for people living down here
they question how long you have been a resident, then when they find out you
have been longer than they have they ask why you want to bring that up. Its
funny, St. Bernard is different but the new place they moved is perfect and
they know everybody and everything. Trust me most of these people will be
back eventually because why else would they be spending time talking about
St. Bernard. Maybe Westley can start a St. Tammany list for them, I am sure
they have negative things to say about St. Tammany as well :-).

Thanks again, I think I will give up the fight, let them talk and report the
positives I see daily in my hometown, the only place I ever want to live
regardless of how hard things are, ST. BERNARD PARISH, LA. --Chad"

Jer's Response on 03/23/07

Chad, I will disagree with you here. St. Bernard Parish is NOT A LOSING
CAUSE--regardless of being thrown to the wolves by the FEDs, State and
people in power who don't give a fraze, nor people who have forgotten it's
fight with will to survive. I believe that the parish will rise at the
growth it can, considering the circumstances of a card hand in which it was
dealt. The people of St. Bernard (no matter where they now reside) have such
fortitude and determination to see it succeed to at least recovery and
beyond that. There's no question about it. It's people are unique and
courageous. The next election will determine where its real future lies.
Good leadership needs to step up to lead/continue to lead those who made the
choice to rebuild. I don't know where St. Tammany is (smile), but I see it
did take in a considerable amount of parishioners. I also believe that
misplacements for those who have made a hard choice (whether it was for
safety or emotional health, especially in the oil spill area) has St.
Bernard citizens spreading the word, culture and memories of fabulous years.
That's the way I see it. In the vein of Islenos leaving their island a
couple centuries ago to settle in St. Bernard, was as history reports is and
WAS a good thing. As a result of its people being separated, there is a
culture spanning the oceans. St. Bernard Parish even reached out to
celebrate its culture yearly (and daily) in St. Bernard and with that said,
might I add that visits to the islands by both native Islenos and locals
here If we look positively here, many St. Bernardians have colonized areas
from miles to hundreds of miles beyond its border. Any other logic is flawed
and inexcusable. St. Bernardians now, St. Bernardians forever no matter
where they live and it's a damn lie to believe one has to have a order to be
called St. Bernardian. When my father arrived from Sicily he didn't stop
bleeding "Sicilian" when he was cut. Now and forever, one from a culture
will carry that culture a lifetime. If you don't believe me, check out the
African-American, Cajuns, Polish, whatever and how their belief in culture
preservation can be as strong as bridge cable in cohesiveness. Remember,
Chad: There is NO perfect St. Bernardian regardless of his/her geographical
placement or domicile. Pride however for one's love of identity, makes the
imperfection better as medicine for an illness treats one's infirmary.

--jer--