[StBernard] Murphy Settlements Arriving

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 29 06:59:49 EDT 2007

Laurie, additionally what I've learned through Murphy (Global Risk
solutions) is that the Per Sq. Ft. allocation of the settlement would be
handled by registered mail in a "separate" mailing to the claimants. The
info about per sq ft. allowed, amount of the check etc. is detailed in the
registered document and wouldn't be given by phone, so one would have to
receive the separately mailed check with documentation as to how to proceed
if contested, etc.

Also, from the date of mailing (ex. March 26th, there will be one month to
see if it arrives at your current address before calling back if the check
is not received by then to allow it to reach the claimant (in case the check
is "temporarily lost floating around the mail system").

Beyond that, I've learned that legal questions about property obligations of
any "future" challenges (ex. One transferring property or someone getting
sickly) doesn't end with the sale or time would be handled by their
Plaintiff Steering Committee who handles any legal questions that one might
be faced with in the future. The PSC number is 504-271-8422/504-279-0816 for
more legal explanations.

We can hope that we can put Murphy's mishap behind us as we move forward
fighting the "mighty Rot Home" program for our benefits next.

--jer--

Jer,

My brother recieved his 2,500 check from Murphy today. He was a home owner
that lived alone in his house. Do you know if the oil compensation of
$14.50 or $10.00 per square foot will be arriving separately? He is
concerned they think he was a renter since he only got the 2,500 to far.

Laurie