[StBernard] Chalmatians Across the Country

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Mar 29 19:05:16 EDT 2007

MsMimms Writes:

Jer, You sound like you have a good perspective after all the blood, sweat
and tears and as a survivor, are emotionally moving forward.

It's really been a mass grieving and healing experience that has effected
all our immediate and extended families and we certainly learned to trust
in God (i.e. church groups) and not the government, who had nothing to offer
(after the immediate band-aid) except to make lives more difficult and
complicated, until they hope we go away. I remember October, November of
2005 when recovery seemed near-impossible, hopeless, and now, I know we're
going to make it. The Friday before Katrina my husband and I had dinner at
that Chinese restaurant, I think it was Jade Garden? at Jean Lafitte and
Judge P. and my fortune said "You will soon witness a miracle" and they
weren't kidding! Being able to share our thoughts and feelings here at
Wesley's post have been a major part of the healing process, so bless Wesley
and us all, and keep the miracles an d blessings coming throughout the
year. MsSimms"

Jerry Responds:

****Thanks, MsSimms for your Kind Komments.

In comparison to my condition immediately transpiring, I am healed and have
made it. On the other hand, it's quite tough to hold a conversation about
the subject without breaking down. I'm sure so many experience this as well.
We're so much to be thankful about, yet one has to determine if their glass
perspective is "half-full or half-empty".

You refer to China Jade which was my favorite Chinese establishment. I still
remember the Mysterious Mr. Wong and family. He is/was, you might say, the
Right Man and in idiosyncrasy and bitter contrast, ..actually he remains the
Wong Man. <G>

As many now know, I'm a fighter as well as a lover, so to speak. A fighter
for what's right and a lover of my life on this planet. However, I'm told by
the higher order that it could change by the year 2010. (as I believe in the
"last secret" given out at Fatima to the Popes and Sister Lucia.

Miracles have their way of coming unannounced and between now and then, many
more miracles (even in smaller doses as per households of Katrina
Victims)will be our hope for recovery both here and thereafter. We pray.

[-jer-]