[StBernard] animal shelter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 4 21:45:37 EDT 2007

Deborah,

I did not see the story. As far as the donations go, the council is asking
for clarification as well. We have not received any budget requests to
amend the budget to accept "Big Bucks" for donations so if it was received
by the administration, I am not aware of it.

I am aware that the Humane Society of LA has sent a letter to the president
and copied the council about the conditions of the animal shelter and the
alledged funds that were sent.

There is no doubt that the animal shelter is still in need of major repairs-
the council has passed the approval for work on it, but no real movement on
the administrative end.

A point to keep in mind that if funds were sent to the Friends of the Animal
Shelter group, the funds would not have come to parish government and there
is no governmental accounting of such donations as they do not pass through
us.

As far as the strays, if you have not called to report where you are
spotting them, they should be reported to public works at 278-4317 so that
the animal control officer that is working could be on the look out for
them, especially if the stray seems to be aggressive.

Be careful what you assume to be in good shape again- we on the council have
been fooled several times, even when we on the council are asking direct
questions.

God Bless,
Craig