[StBernard] animal shelter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 5 22:50:13 EDT 2007

Animals don't really need to be in the a/c,

Well, they will, when it gets too hot, they cant stay inside a closed
building without ac. The outside dogs will need shade.
Yet my question is ;who is 'they'?
I remember an article in the paper showing one lady (she used to have a
beauty shop pre K and worked with animals a lot) trying to do it all. I do
not know of anymore workers than that one, and it would be impossible for
one person to keep it all clean.
I dropped off pet food a while back, arrived there during lunch hour when no
one was there and left the food on the porch. The outside dogs in the yard
looked clean and content, but there were many, and I know there are plenty
kennels inside as well. The lady also put in the paper that she is running
out of space for any more animals and hopes it can remain a no kill shelter,
but it is overcrowded.
She probably needs more volunteers to help clean on a daily basis, and also
more to adopt. However, without catholic school kids needing service hours,
and few people having a fenced yard or house to keep a pet, adoption must be
slow.
Everyone's schedule is so full,without hours to offer , but maybe there are
some out there who could lend a hand? I am sure the lady I know works there
loves animals and would not be purposely cruel, but might just be
overwhelmed and without sufficient help.

Gaby