[StBernard] animal shelter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 7 13:40:19 EDT 2007

Gaby,

Maybe this would be a good project for a few high school students who
don't have jobs. I mean it would do well as a reference later on and would
teach kids a vital skill in caring for the unfortunate. Having kids work
there instead of suspensions or as after school detention would be something
viable as well. In after school detentions, what do they do but sit. Maybe
if work was attached, it may seem more like a punishment. Also, what about
prisoners from the jail. I remember reading about one prison that used
caring for horses (or something) as a form of rehab as well. WHile cleaning
our highways are a good thing, helping these pets would also be a good
thing. If I come up with any more ideas will let ya'll know.

Wendy