[StBernard] question for craig: Grass Violations

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 7 13:52:45 EDT 2007

Future Resident some would argue that the parish/state has the resources to
fix up its own house (public property, but taxpayer's money). Others would
say it's "starvin'" for taxation through a devastated tax base, so by fines,
it can afford to clean up its own house. Some would say that any money it
gets would be at the citizen's expense (taking from the po' and giving it to
the richer) and yet others believe our properties are our business, our
responsibility and our problem. Whatever position is taken, we can bet that
the workin' man, one who has already been stripped to pauper and beyond will
have little say in the matter as those more prosperous will see things
differently. Nobody loves trash, filth or diseased-laden properties. To
some, it was a bad card game being dealt to them in the game of life.
Besides disasters as ours and others, the only worse-case scenario it
appears is to have earned a first-class ticket to Hell.

Some say, it's Hell on Earth or damned close to it. As I sit on the
proverbial fence, I can see it from both perspectives. So, to speak: "It's
Hell if you do, and Hell if you don't" my good friend.

--jer--

Craig.

My address was added to the "Grass violation list". The complaints
department is saying it's because my backyard has debris and high weeds. I
can understand the grass being to high but not the debris. I have a 7 foot
metal fence surrounding the property. Since when is it illegal to have
debris in your backyard? The only way to see in the backyard is through the
locked carport gates. I have a collapsed garage and above ground pool in my
backyard in which I need heavy equipment to go back there and remove. I
plan on selling the house to the LRA so I am not putting out the expense on
this. I will cut down the weeds. Can I put plywood over the gate of the
carport were it is not visible from the street? Will I be in compliance
than?

future resident