[StBernard] animal shelter

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 7 15:20:05 EDT 2007

Gaby,

I agree that she is probably overwhelmed if she is doing it all alone. I
did not think Aminal Control consisted of only one person and I did not
know she would put the animals inside with no ventilation. I thought they
must all be in outside kennels. And the ones I remembered were covered.
Even if she is overwhelmed, it's not acceptable for them to survive on their

own waste as reported. If an individual owner gets overwhelmed by too many
animals, the animals are taken away from them. This is what I meant by "we
shouldn't have an animal shelter". If they can't be cared for properly we
shouldn't be keeping them in cages. We need a properly functioning, working

Animal Control, not one in name only. Craig said the donation money went to

operations. What is operations, Craig? Does that mean staff? One person?

If the conditions were going down hill to such a great degree, the word
should have went out asking for volunteers and offering jobs. Most people
can care for an animal in a minimal way without a lot of training. We need
to do better.

Laurie