[StBernard] Donald Powell

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon Apr 9 22:01:23 EDT 2007

DDK,

Let's all be honest here....even if the levees are in place, the clay and
mud have not had the time to pack down and solidify like had previously. I
mean, the last ones had forty years to settle, and they still gave. My next
question what's going to happen because it was found that in the areas that
broke the levees were built in "sub-standard" codes...if the areas that
broke were fixed to code, then the areas on either side will now be below
code making them weaker. It's a no win, or a sick game of whack a mole. I'll
just keep praying for Louisiana, especially with what's going on in Texas.
The last time the south saw snow, Katrina happened and the snow came at
Christmas, when snow should happen if it's going to. What does it mean when
the snow comes in April....God help us.

Wendy