[StBernard] 8/29 Campaign in high gear

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Apr 19 22:33:16 EDT 2007

April 19, 2007

Things are heating up with Levees.Org's push for an 8/29 Commission to
investigate the failure of the federally built levees in metropolitan New
Orleans.

We need this Commission because the only congressionally ordered study is
the IPET Report - sponsored by the US Army Corps of Engineers. Since the
Army Corps had sole responsibility for the levee design and construction,
there is a potential for bias.

IF YOU INVESTIGATE YOURSELF, WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE GOING TO FIND?

Today, we spoke to Senator David Vitter R-La via video conference and
tomorrow we will meet with Senator Mary Landrieu D-La. Both meetings are to
discuss details on passage of the 8/29 Commission.

I will be on WDSU-TV New Orleans noon show (Friday April 20 on Channel 6) to
discuss our progress as well as Levees.Org upcoming events.

LET'S SHOW THOSE IN CONGRESS WE ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE 8/29 COMMISSION!
Sign the petition. <http://www.votervoice.net/groups/levees/petition>

ALREADY SIGNED THE PETITION?

1. Tell your out of state family and friends to join Levees.Org
<http://www.levees.org> . It's free.

2. Collect handwritten petition signatures <http://www.levees.org/download>
.

3. Send our PSA video <http://www.levees.org/share?ref=shearer> to your