[StBernard] Governor Blanco discusses Louisianas recovery with Lieutenant General Van Antwerp

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 20 22:29:15 EDT 2007

Governor Blanco discusses Louisiana's recovery with Lieutenant General Van Antwerp

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today received Lieutenant General Robert Van L. Van Antwerp, Jr., President George W. Bush's nominee for U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Chief of Engineers at the Governor's Mansion in Baton Rouge.

Statement by Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco:

"Today I received Lieutenant General Robert Van Antwerp upon his arrival to Louisiana. At the Governor's Mansion, we had a positive discussion about Louisiana's ongoing recovery from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita. Prior to his arrival, the Lieutenant General toured the Gulf Coast by both plane and helicopter to expand his first hand understanding of the region's recovery. I commend the Lieutenant General's appreciation of our needs and understanding of the magnitude of the challenges we face. I thank U.S. Senator Mary Landrieu for encouraging the Lieutenant General to visit our state and its people and welcome the opportunity to work with him and others at the federal level as we move Louisiana forward."

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org