[StBernard] Dirty potable Water - Murphy buy Out Area

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Apr 25 21:56:08 EDT 2007

J,

I'm sure Craig will give you a response, but let me add if it's St. Bernard
Parish S&WB position that the demolition activity by Murphy is the cause of
the water problem, then they (Murphy) are going to be responsible for
whatever measures it will take to rectify the problem. That means Murphy
will have to pay for your filtration system if the parish backs that up as
the official cause - and if that's the only solution to the problem.

If I'm wrong, imagine if you were digging in your front yard and busted the
water main, etc. You can bet the parish will come at you for whatever cost
to repair the problem. Thus, Murphy is responsible in the same way. I
would request for the Parish Government/Council to make an official inquiry
and complaint to Murphy with representatives from the S&WB to see how they
(Murphy) are going to resolve the problem.

John