[StBernard] According to LRA figures - taxes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Apr 27 23:53:16 EDT 2007

Sue, let's compare notes:

Registered for second time in Aug, first interview on Sept. 25, inspection
on October 2. First award came December 28th due to them not getting the
first yellow letter to me (I had to ask them to send it again, which placed
me back about 6 weeks).

I accepted the offer and sent back on January 4th. They HAD copied my
post-Katrina appraisal in Sept, but I received a second award letter which
minimized the amount they had in the first "accepted yellow letter" by about
$54,000.

I've contacted them on numerous occasions, only to hear it was being
considered by those who are working to finalize the grant (have been called
by two people from First American Title who verified income/info and said I
would be contacted at some point in the future, but wouldn't commit to a
timeframe. Nothing about a closing at this point. No mortgage on old home,
just a demoed slab. Don't know what to expect about taxes/insurances still
pending on the pi$$pore property at this time.

I also heard hearsay about SBA over time considering loan forgiveness (as
formerly excused by them from Betsy/Andrew)after a few to five years), so
wondering if it's conceivable and to pay down the note until such is
tendered. Anyone asked those who know if this is believable? If that
happens, it may not make sense to try and place lots of money on the SBA
payback (but continue monthly payments which could financially work out
better than using all money to do so).

Taxes? Geez, how this is helping the afflicted is beyond me. mj

MJ Registered for second time in Aug, first interview Sept.30, inspection
Oct 4 first award came in on Nov,22

Appealed in Dec. turn in post Katrina appraisal in Feb. They accepted the
appraisal on March 17 received second
award letter. I waited the month before turning it in. They received by
pick of Option 1 on April 23 on April 25 they called and said they were
sending it to First American Title and they should contact me next week to
set up closing.

They are trying to get them to not make us pay taxes on the money, so
that is still a wait and see situation ,if I am thinking right , at lease
for me I did not come close between my losses and what I would get from both
Insurance and the LRA.

Sue