[StBernard] Governor's Week in Review: April 21-27, 2007

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat Apr 28 11:33:52 EDT 2007

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's Week In Review: April 21-27, 2007

News

EDITORIAL: Lafayette Daily Advertiser echoes national praise of Governor Blanco's commitment to expand early education
4.23.07
To paraphrase the Bard of Avon, Gov. Kathleen Blanco has suffered the slings and arrows of outrageous politics since hurricanes Katrina and Rita ripped through the state. It should be exceptionally gratifying to the governor that attention has turned away from the storms in some instances, and worthwhile accomplishments of her administration have been identified and honored.
http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=27&articleID=2816

EDITORIAL: The Advocate calls for legislative support of Governor Blanco's proposed pre-K investment
4.23.07
Gov. Kathleen Blanco is no newcomer to the cause of expanding pre-kindergarten education for Louisiana's youngsters.
http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=27&articleID=2815

Governor's Column

Protecting our environment for the future
4.23.07
I grew up along the banks of Bayou Teche in a time when most families didn't know to worry about water quality or air pollution. As I watch my grandchildren grow and make their own memories, I recognize that times have changed. We have a tremendous responsibility to protect our environment and preserve our great state.
http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=2&articleID=2817

Proclamations

Governor Blanco announces proclamations
4.24.07

Proclamation No. 33 KBB 2007 - for a limited extension for the state of emergency for Hurricane Katrina.

Proclamation No. 34 KBB 2007 - for a limited extension for the state of emergency for Hurricane Rita.

Proclamation No. 35 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of constable in Rapides Parish.

Proclamation No. 36 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of justice of the peace in Caddo Parish.

http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=home&catID=7

Appointments

Governor Blanco announces appointments to Board of Regents
4.25.07
BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today appointed Robert J. Bruno of Covington and Maurice C. Durbin of Denham Springs to the Louisiana Board of Regents.
http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=2821

Governor Blanco announces appointments
4.25.07
http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=2822

Executive Orders

Governor Blanco announce executive orders
4.27.07

Executive Order No. KBB 2007-10: for small purchase procedures.

Executive Order No. KBB 2007-11: for the Louisiana Offshore Terminal Authority to administer the Federal Deepwater Port Act for Louisiana

http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=home&navID=15&cpID=0&cfmID=0&catID=5

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org