[StBernard] Craig: Section 8 and BVN

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Apr 29 20:47:13 EDT 2007

Thanks Craig. I guess I didn't think of that area as BVN.

JLY

JLY,

There were apartments at the front of BVN behind Home Depot.
Apartments
that were in place before the storm can be used to accept section 8
vouchers, if the landlord has applied and been approved and if the
eligible
applicant is certified as still eligible. Keep in mind that St.
Bernard has
an allocation of only 280 vouchers for the entire parish- when those
are
allocated that is all that is part of the program.

We have been reviewing the guidelines and regulations that are set
in place
by HUD and how at the local level the administration can do a better
job at
enforcement of the guidelines in St. Bernard.

God Bless,
Craig