[StBernard] The Road Home e-Update
westley at da-parish.com
Fri May 11 00:01:35 EDT 2007
To keep you up-to-date on current policies and new Road Home services, the program will be sending regular electronic updates to homeowners on our mailing list. If you no longer wish to receive these updates, please send an email to communications at road2la.org and ask to be removed from our mailing list.
Today's update will discuss:
* Road Home Advisory Services
* Program statistics as of May 7, 2007
* Useful links
Road Home Advisory Services
The road to recovery from Hurricanes Katrina and Rita is met with many questions along the way - Questions about your neighborhood, rebuilding and just getting back to normal life as you know it.
To help you navigate this process, The Road Home is offering advisory services to assist homeowners who are rebuilding, relocating - or still trying to decide. Homeowners may now call to schedule an appointment with a Housing Advisor to receive advice on a number of topics ranging from Road Home application assistance to information on the recovery process throughout the state.
* Road Home Application Assistance - Advisors are available to meet with homeowners to help complete or update their Road Home applications.
* Benefits Information - Advisors will review and explain information contained in Options Letters, answer questions about the closing process and provide follow up explanation of disbursement sheets and other closing documents after settlement.
* Rebuilding Assistance - Advisors can provide homeowners who are ready to rebuild with information on rebuilding topics including construction, permits, historic preservation, and improvements that will help protect their home from future storms.
* Access to the Professional Registration Registry (PRR) - Advisors can help homeowners access the PRR database, a resource that helps to connect them with licensed area contractors.
* Assistance to Individuals with Special Needs - Advisors can provide assistance with a variety of service need including:
* Providing assistance to homeowners with special needs in navigating the Road Home process
* Making referrals for community and social services
* Addressing emergency needs for crisis intervention
* Information on Louisiana Recovery Process - Using the "What's In My Backyard" database, Housing advisors can provide current information, by zip code, on neighborhood services that are available. Available information includes, but is not limited to:
* Population updates
* Permits issued
* Post Office
* Public utility information - Gas, electric, water and sewer
* Public Transportation
* Adult Centers
* Child Care and After School Programs
* Fire Stations
* Grocery Stores
Soon, The Road Home Advisory Services team will also be able to provide homeowners with Financial Service referrals that can aid them in their recovery process and financial planning for the future Hurricane .
To schedule an Advisory Services appointment, please call 1.888.ROAD.2.LA and hit prompt 4. TTY callers use 711 relay or 1.800.846.5277.
The Road Home program statistics as of May 7, 2007
Benefits Calculated 72,927
Benefits Options Letters Sent
Number of Closings Held
* Homeowner policies <http://www.road2la.org/Helpful-Tools/default.htm>
* How to apply <http://www.road2la.org/about-us/how-to-apply.htm>
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at 1.888.ROAD.2.LA or email us at inquiry at road2la.org <mailto:inquiry at road2l.org> .
The Road Home program is designed to provide compensation to Louisiana homeowners affected by Hurricanes Katrina or Rita for the damage to their homes. This groundbreaking program represents the largest single housing recovery program in U.S. history. Working together, Gov. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, the Louisiana Recovery Authority and the Office of Community Development created The Road Home program with the approval of the Louisiana Legislature. The program affords eligible homeowners up to $150,000 in compensation for their losses to get back into their homes.
To start your application to The Road Home program, visit
TTY callers use 711 relay or 1.800.846.5277.
More information about the StBernard