[StBernard] Expanding higher ed access for low income students

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 21 22:37:13 EDT 2007

Wendy,

We've emailed and spoke with one another many times before, so I'm thinking
you know how much I respect your opinion. As a FYI...no, I'm not getting
anything from the Road Home program because I was considered as having
sufficient flood insurance. Per say, I don't have a problem with the
government ever giving someone a "hand" but not an outright "handout." With
this program, as usual, those who did the right thing and were sufficiently
insured with flood insurance are going to get little to nothing.

For me personally, I don't care since I had a plan B and was able to
survive. I know most can't say that. I also realize if the government
would have chosen not to help those under insured the local economy would
have completely collapsed.

I'm glad to see folks get whatever assistance they can...I just wish they
could have come up with something for the rest who properly planned and
carried flood insurance.

By the way, where are you now?

John