[StBernard] Senate approves income tax breaks

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sat May 26 22:46:31 EDT 2007

What's p!ssing me off is Any Kopplin and his ilk at LRA are saying
Noooooo...we always wanted to cover *everything*, wind and flood. Uh, no.
Looking at the Road Home and its penalties, where are the penalties? If you
lived in a flood zone and didn't have flood insurance you're penalized a
percentage. Responsible homeowners were required, if having mortgages, to
have homeowners insurance. Flood, a lot of people were told my their ins.
agents wasn't necessary. Hell, 3 weeks before Katrina I was talking with
our agent asking why my dad would have carried a low amount and the agent
said "well, it's never flooded where your house is." Of course I know
better now.

Still and all, whether LA wants to admit it or not this WAS meant to cover
the damage caused by the failed federal levees. Have you ever seen the Feds
do a plan like this after any other hurricane? I can't recall any.

JLY

How can we consider our selves as having and overage in money, the
feds are
laughing at us, you have a surplus and are coming to us for
additional money
on a program you set up and is running billions short. Good thing
most of us
do not fiqure our money the way the state does are we would all be
bankrupt.
Sue