[StBernard] Gubernatorial hopefuls debate

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 28 11:48:43 EDT 2007

John,

I know John Georges better than most, my ex-husband works for him and his
predecessor- The Nims'. He was not originally in Video Poker, only got into
it after Mr. Nims' death around 2002 (I might be wrong), but he was into
video, snack, game (kids stuff) machines along with pool table sales. There
main office located on Airline Hwy did belong to the Nims'. My understanding
is he bought the building but Mrs. Nims kept the land underneath. She became
a philanthropist following her husband's death- I guess trying to buy her
way into heaven. But don't be fooled, they ran a sale business. After 25
years with the company, my ex was only making $10 per hour. Their only perk
before John George, was that he paid nothing for health insurance. Once
George took over, they gave him a raise and then plugged him for his
insurance- which was much more than the raise. I guess that's how the rich
stay richer.

Wendy