[StBernard] New Library

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 28 11:53:20 EDT 2007

SJR,

The post you are referring to is full of half truths and misinformation. I suspect it is someone from or connected to the library board who has little motivation to see a bigger picture. Everyone has ideas about what should and should not happen, unfortunately most ideas are narrow in scope and do not take into account the many other aspects of how the rebuilding pieces fit together.

The reopening of the library has not been blocked and I challenge whoever stated that to actually come out of the internet shadows and present the evidence of that. I have chaired the building mitigation committee and there have been many discussions about the library and the movement of the services- the back of the civic center was one option- no one ever told the library that their land would be taken without being paid for the land and certainly not giving the land to Murphy Oil. Murphy Oil's involvement would have only been to be a purchaser and partner of a fire station/training facility to allow the library board to get money back for a bad land purchase to begin with.

The issue is on the mitigation committee meeting this week again.

God Bless,
Craig