[StBernard] Nancy Pelosi: Un-American quotes

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Mon May 28 11:51:49 EDT 2007

Laurie,

How did my comments tell you what to do...all I said was that the level
of protection he required may be a direct reflection of today's
society....yes you are right, am a liberal in many ways. I believe that gays
should be able to marry. Heterosexauls have done enough to debase the term
"marriage" with a 54% divorce rate. I believe that the leaders of the
conservative front are completely hypicritcal in that as they persecuted
Clinton for an extramartial affair, that should have been a private matter,
yet they pay a salary(as a consultant) to Cheney's lesbian daughter who
recently had a baby with her partner. The Cheney family said their
daughter's life was a private matter, but so was an affair that affected a
married couple. Now if you want to mention, well he was the presiden, well
this is the Vice President....by the way, the health insurance is being paid
by the right wing as well. Following that scandal, to have 15 members of the
conservative republican party (including our own Bob Livingston) having
affairs during this prosecution, including having illegitmate children and
not taking responsibility for them. I liberally believe that we should be
worried about the 1 million kids that will go hungry tonight in the richest
country in the world before we worry about the unborn, let's take care of
what's here first. I believe that we should not be telling another country
how to run their country when women make only $.65 to every man's dollar.
You're right that I LIBERALLY believe that no matter what sex I am, I can do
the job I want the pay. You're right that I liberally believe how dare we go
police another country when there are city streets that are not safe to walk
down and need policing. You are right in that I believe we should have a
welfare system that helps individuals, because not everyone can be educated,
otherwise who will do the laborer jobs since we don't want workers from
Mexico? You are right in that I want every child to have an equal footing in
EVERY LEVEL of education, from pre-K to 12 grade so that every opportunity
is available to every person....and if you agree with that last statement,
that's great, but remember, if that inner city kid gets the scholarship,
that means there will be one less suburbanite getting one, who will now need
financial aid in college. So if after all of that, calling me liberal is an
insult, all I would like to say is thank you. As far as I am concerned it's
better than being called conservative.

Wendy