[StBernard] Parish readiness

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 1 17:42:17 EDT 2007

from an article on nola.com:

He said the parish is working on a network of sirens that will use tones and
voice messages to alert residents about hurricanes and other dangerous
situations. Bids for the equipment arrived this week, and officials hope to
have the system in place before the hurricane season ends, Councilman Joey
DiFatta said.
Dysart said residents can receive the same automated emergency alerts that
parish officials receive by registering their phone numbers at the Web site
www.mystateusa.com

Craig (or Westley):

How does this work. We put in our cell # and provider and types of alerts
we wish to have?