[StBernard] Expanding higher ed access for low income students

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 1 17:51:40 EDT 2007

Wes,

Most woman don't know they are under paid, it's only once all governmental
departments compile data, that the raw numbers speak for themselves...and f
you have 4 kids to feed, a paycheck is a paycheck. If you can't legislate
morality, then why is God and religion in every aspect of today's (and I
mean say the last 25 years) governmental administrations...it's not a
morality to be regulated, but biases that needed removed and sometimes,
legislation is the only way to teach the population as a whole.
Now, not to start a whole pro-life war on here (so delete this paragraph),
but aren't we legislating morality there. Not everyone believes or has the
same beliefs as the largely protestant public. I mean, that with each new
restriction imposed, we begin to erode at people's choice. I'm pro-choice in
that I believe in allowing the availability to such things, even if I chose
not to practice- much like guns, I hate them, but don't oppose others
collecting them, unless they are illegal- but you get my point. I love and
respect the hell out of ya Wes, but Katrina was the first event ever in my
lifetime that was not prejudical, she hit everyone everywhere. And it has
only been in this that I see a huge double standard in a pretty much
conservative community that rubs me wrong. I have heard complaints, even in
this forum, how people ride the government train and don't want to work, but
people are waiting for their handout in the LRA. People made choices in not
having flood knowing you lived in a coastal community, not picking just
honest, Not picking on you, but I watched numerous people wait for the
"Murphy" checks (another handout) knowing they lived that close to an oil
refinery. How many explosions, leaks, etc. do people want to be exposed to
before they learn not to be that close? I know of people, old neighbors, who
are living in their homes, making more as contractors than they did before,
yet line up every Mon, Wed, and Fri for their free food distributions at the
camps because they feel entitled, but then behoove those who are not back
and need a hand. It's double standard that I can't wrap my head around in
that people can't have it both ways- you either want government to help or
you don't, not just when you're in trouble and not for everyone else. I hope
I made myself semi-clear, my writing skills are in the toilet.

Wendy