[StBernard] Expanding higher ed access for low income students

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 1 18:34:25 EDT 2007

Wendy,

I must agree with one point you have made. It is extremely difficult to
find steady work while having to travel back home so often to take care of
things that need to be handled. My husband was very fortunate to find work
in Metairie with a company that is very flexible. The hurricane took our
business. His profession is very much in demand and they will take him as
often or little as he can come in. We are very fortunate in that regard but

very few people have that. He can pretty much make his own hours and no
one I know has that luxury unless they have their own business. Getting
back home and working close by is your best bet. That was how we were able
to do it. We still have so much to do but being close by helps. I'm in the

parish working at least 4 days a week.

Laurie