[StBernard] Governor Blanco's Week in Review: June 2-8

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Fri Jun 8 22:52:29 EDT 2007

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco's Week in Review: June 2-8

NEWS

6.8.07
Governor Blanco signs bills
Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco today signed the following bills into law: HB 33, HB 72, HB 283 and HB 305.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=2987>

6.8.07
Jetson Center for Youth's choir releases CD symbolizing Louisiana's juvenile justice reforms
BATON ROUGE - Jetson Center for Youth (JCY) released a CD of original music written and performed by its choir. JCY is a secure care facility for adjudicated youth near Baton Rouge. The CD, entitled "Sowing Seeds of Love: Jetson Sings/Jetson Speaks," also offers a behind-the-scenes glimpse of life at JCY.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=2988>

6.7.07
EDITORIAL: Free I-49: Hostage to politics, short-sightedness
Shreveport Times: We figure the next edition of the Merriam Webster dictionary will include an Interstate 49 road sign next to the word "frustration."
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=2985>

6.5.07
Governor Blanco declares State of Emergency for Vermillion Parish
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=2984>

6.4.07
Governor Blanco sends letter to Mayor Nagin regarding New Orleans health care
Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco sent the following letter to New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin today, in response to his concerns over health care in the region:
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/assets/docs/06.04.07%20Mayor%20Nagin-Respone.pdf>

PROCLAMATIONS
o Executive Order No. KBB 2007-13: for the establishment of the Louisiana Rebirth Panel.
o Executive Order No. KBB 2007-14: for the Homeland Security and Emergency Preparedness Advisory Council - Rescinds KBB 2004-36 and KBB 2005-01.
o Proclamation No. 45 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of city judge in Ouachita Parish.
o Proclamation No. 46 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of chief of police for Grant Parish.
o Proclamation No. 47 KBB 2007 - for a special election for the office of alderman in Union Parish.

Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=2975>

BLANCO'S BLOG
Ann Silverberg Williamson, Department of Social Services, 6.4.07
As the 2007 hurricane season begins, Louisiana stands more ready than ever to shelter evacuees in the event of an emergency, due in great part to parish leaders who have stepped forth in commitment to citizen safety.
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=35&articleID=2974>

GOVERNOR'S COLUMN
Louisiana's plan to save the coast
Have you looked at aerial photographs of our coastal parishes lately? It looks like someone took an eraser to Louisiana's coastline. For generations, Louisiana's coast and its habitats have endured a consistent vanishing act. The estimated 200 square miles of coastal area washed away during Hurricanes Katrina and Rita intensified a critical situation. Today, we take another step forward in our efforts to reverse the trend.
Read More <http://www.g! ov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=2&articleID=2973>

SESSION UPDATES
BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for June 5
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&articleID=2982>

BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for June 4
Read More <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=newsroom&tmp=detail&catID=1&articleID=2978>

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org