[StBernard] Boasso attacks Jindal in TV ads

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Sun Jun 10 20:53:57 EDT 2007

Did anyone expect anything less from "Louisiana Politician, Mr. Boasso"?
Some runners have chosen "class measures" as the theme of their running.
However, some who are desperately low in the polls are trying to gain points
by "slam ads" in the media, many unfounded or to gain points by aggressive
mean-spirited/nasty behaviors during their governor's race.

If it's this BAD early, it will probably escalate to a point that it would
turn many "home-town" voters sick-'n-tired of the commercials. One just has
to look at the messenger (ad-producer/runner) to determine if such political
tripe is cleanly run or gasping for straws.

Also notice the "I grew up in da projects" mentality. Well to this (as if we
care) the voter responds,

"So????"

--jer--

Boasso attacks Jindal in TV ads
By CityBusiness staff report

BATON ROUGE - In the race for Louisiana governor, state Sen. Walter Boasso,
D-Arabi, is firing shots at Rep. Bobby Jindal, R-Metairie.

In a television advertisement, Boasso, holding a cardboard cutout of Jindal,
talks poorly of the congressman's post-Hurricane Katrina fight for
homeowners.

"When it comes to taking a real stand on behalf of Louisiana homeowners,
Bobby Jindal's record is about as flimsy as a piece of cardboard," Boasso
says in the commercial.

"In my administration, the insurance companies will treat consumers fairly
and pay the claims they owe," Boasso said. "We will not put up with them
taking advantage of our hardworking homeowners and business owners just so
they can pad their multibillion dollar profits."

"I'm sure we will see a lot of different ads from a lot of different
candidates from now until qualifying," Jindal spokeswoman Melissa Sellers
said.

Boasso said he is working with the Louisiana House of Representatives to
pass his homeowner insurance relief act, which would provide Louisiana
homeowners and business owners with a state tax refund to offset the cost of
skyrocketing