[StBernard] Georges for Governor Announcement

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 13 21:17:53 EDT 2007

Westley:

I wanted you to be among the first to know that after careful consideration
with Dathel and my children, today I announced my decision to run for
Governor of Louisiana. Right now, I am traveling in North Louisiana
meeting with business and community leaders and I will launch my media
campaign in mid-August.

A copy of the Georges for Governor news release is attached. I hope you
will visit the campaign website at www.georgesforgovernor.com .

John

________________________________

GEORGES DECIDES TO RUN FOR GOVERNOR

(June 12) Jefferson Parish businessman John Georges has announced his
decision to run for Governor of Louisiana.

"Like many Louisianians, I am not satisfied with the choices for governor
and so, after much thought and consideration, I have decided to run. In
order to attract supporters as more people learn of my experiences,
leadership credentials and vision for Louisiana, I plan to launch a media
campaign on TV, in newspapers, on the radio and the Internet, and be in full
swing by the end of August to gain support for my message of change.

"We need fresh leadership in the Governor's Office and it will not come from
politicians or people with little experience in making tough decisions. As a
leader of my church, a businessman in several different industries, a former
member of the state Board of Regents, a trustee of my children's school, and
an active participant in many other organizations and causes, I have many
years of life experiences that are needed in Baton Rouge.

"We are all tired of partisan politics keeping Louisiana at the bottom in
education, economic development, healthcare and infrastructure. As someone
who has worked hard my whole life, I will work hard for the people of
Louisiana to give them a different type of leader who will change our state
and move us forward. I believe the people of Louisiana want their votes to
count, and therefore we must have an election where the people, not leaders
of political parties, choose our next governor.

"My ancestors came to this country like many others, and have taught me
valuable lessons of how far you can go in life if you believe in hard work,
get a good education, and keep your integrity."

Georges funded his owns ads pushing for levee board reform. He organized the
first Louisiana visit from world religious leader Bartholomew I, leader of
300 million Christians worldwide.

Georges, 46, a Republican, is CEO of Imperial Trading Company, one of the
Louisiana's leading grocery wholesalers that does business with small stores
in every parish and in five other Southern states. He also has ownership in
an oil and gas maritime company, real estate developments, an amusement
equipment distributorship, and various other investments, including having
been a partner in the New Orleans Brass hockey team. He is also active in
various associations, including the Young Presidents Organization, the New
Orleans and Jefferson Business Councils, Crimestoppers, and
ChangeLouisiana.com.

Georges is married to the former Dathel Coleman and is the father of three
children, Zana, Liza and Nike.

For more information about Georges and his candidacy, visit
www.GeorgesForGovernor.com or email askjohn at georgesforgovernor.com.