[StBernard] BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for June 14, 2007; Today's progress on Governor Blanco's agenda

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jun 14 23:21:15 EDT 2007

BLANCO TRACK: Session Update for Thursday, June 14, 2007;Today's progress on Governor Blanco's agenda to Strengthen Louisiana's Future

BATON ROUGE - Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco issued the following statement after the House of Representatives gave final approval to the plan for a university teaching and research hospital in New Orleans by passing Senate Concurrent Resolution 76.

"I appreciate the legislature's action on this resolution, and I thank them for helping to advance this hospital project. We can now move forward with plans to partner with Veterans Affairs for a state of the art university teaching and research hospital to serve patients in New Orleans as we continue improving health care across Louisiana."

Senate Concurrent Resolution 76 - Medical Center of Louisiana in New Orleans

* Sponsored by Senate President Don Hines
* This bill approves the plan for a university teaching and research hospital in New Orleans
* Approved by the House of Representatives

Click here for more on the legislative session. <http://www.gov.state.la.us/index.cfm?md=pagebuilder&tmp=home&navID=50&cpID=169&cfmID=0&catID=0>

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org