[StBernard] Greetings from our nation's capitol 6.20.07: e-Postcard from Governor Blanco

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Wed Jun 20 23:18:24 EDT 2007

Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco heads to Washington, DC this week to thank Congressional leaders for their quick action on her federal recovery agenda and to discuss Louisiana's ongoing recovery needs. Topping the agenda is the projected Road Home funding shortfall, which the Governor will urge Congress to help meet. Gov. Blanco is sending updates to constituents back home through e-postcards.

e-Postcard from Governor Blanco:

Today I wrapped up a fast-paced trip to our Nation's Capital, leaving with what I set out to secure: commitments to help meet our needs. Continuing my effort to secure the funding necessary to cover the projected Road Home shortfall, I met today with Rep. John Olver, Chairman of the housing appropriations subcommittee. Like other key leaders in this new Congress, who have made Gulf Coast recovery a priority, he agreed to help.

I look forward to working with this Congress and our Louisiana Delegation as we move forward to secure federal help. I will not let our people down and I ask the federal government to do the same.
- Governor Kathleen Babineaux Blanco

###

The Louisiana Disaster Recovery Foundation
Louisiana's Fund for Louisiana's People
www.louisianahelp.org