[StBernard] BOASSO for Governor LAWN Darts too

Westley Annis westley at da-parish.com
Thu Jul 12 21:04:56 EDT 2007

We tend to disagree on our choice for governorship, Wes.

All of us have favorites and certainly, a home-grown (and I use this word
loosely <G>) boy is not always the best choice for officialdom as is
evidence by those in local office <smile>..

Obviously, your choice is Mr. Boasso. How can anyone take Mr. Boasso
seriously with the "comedy of errors" portrayed by him in comedic
commercials? Card-board cutouts, children knowledgeable to be 60 yr. old
concerned voters, joking about his "largeness" (at least his girthed size),
etc. gives off the message that if elected, he'll do something "BIG" that
can't be accomplished by Mr. Jindal.

Since when has Mr. Jindal played a puppet for other politicians? Why can't
he be his own man as the majority of voters polled are in his corner and
trust what they know, see, feel and wish in a politician.

Switching parties in mid-stream elections is equaled to ("Well, nothing else
seems to work, so in desperation, I'll try my luck as a democrat!)

Sheesh.

I've known Walter for only 15 yrs. However, a bucket and hose won't be
needed to clean up Louisiana the way it needs reforming.

Let's pray the right person gets the nod.

--jer--

Jim,

No firsthand knowledge, just observations.

When you look at how James Quinn and Roger Villere have appointed Jindal as
the heir apparent of the state GOP gubernatorial nominee without following
the parties own rules for allowing delegates to vote, you know they are
treating the state GOP as their own fiefdom.

Bobby, while a great guy and a powerful speaker (I got to watch him and
David Vitter speak at the same conference - Jindal could use Vitter to wipe
the floor up), I think has had too much of a fairy tale ride. He is a
career bureaucrat and politician who is just swinging from rung to rung. As
an associate of mine likes to point out, Jindal has never held a job for
longer than two years (I guess being a Congressman sets a new record for
him).

I haven't gone back to look it up, but this same associate claims that
Jindal has always been great on spouting policy but has never managed to
actually implement it.

That said, I've known Walter and his family for too long and I trust him.
Reality being what it is, I realize he is going to cast votes for measures
that I am against, but I also think he will never sell out the welfare of
the state and its citizens for a backroom deal or to make himself look
great.

As a CEO of a mid-sized corporation that he built himself, he has a certain
ego that he knows what it takes to get the job done because he's done it.
Jindal can only say that he has what it takes to raise a lot of money, get
appointed to cushy jobs, and elected to even cushier jobs.

Jindal is a party hack and, as a Republican party hack, he should stay in
Congress where we could do more good than being Governor of Louisiana.

Going back to your original question, I still think, and I have thought this
for years, the leadership of the state GOP party has been the biggest
detriment to the state party for years. But they rely of the good ol' boy
network too much to see that the limited success the party has had is in
spite of them and not because of them.

Westley
A Conservative first, Republican second.